[U-Boot-Users] u-boot-1.1.6:Read/Write on Montavista Kernel prompt

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 8 14:48:51 CEST 2007

In message <96c521590710080336x7f7dfd40pb570dda173e469c8 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I cross-compiled u-boot-1.1.6 with patch for BMW board(MPC-8245) as
> well as Montavista Kernel(linux 2.6.10_mv1401).It's working fine.Now I
> want to develop a program for flash read/write on kernel prompt not on
> u-boot prompt.Is it possible ?? If yes Pls. help me in this
> regard.Waiting for your reply.

Yes, this is possible. I recommend you start reading the freely
available documentation (like the DULG).

Alternatively, feel free to contact Montavista technical support when
you have problems with their kernel. Note that this is off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good  men  to
do nothing.                                            - Edmund Burke