[U-Boot-Users] U-boot 1.2.0 JFFS2, and NAND flash

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Fri Oct 12 14:26:20 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm got an AT91RM9200 and an 16 MB ST Micro NAND flash, partitioned into
3 blocks of 8, 4 and 4 MB.  U-boot boots linux from the first 8MB
partition, and doesn't go searching in the others unless it's necessary.

The JFFS2 scan for this takes 1:45.  I believe I followed all the
instructions in the docs for setting up the NAND flash, and other than
seeming to be really slow, it seems to operate just fine.

When I use nand write.jffs2 to write the image, it doesn't take nearly
this long.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Is there some configuration
or other tip someone might be able to give me as to why this is so slow?

Thanks in advance,

Matt Gessner