[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] AVR32 fixes

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Mon Oct 15 11:18:37 CEST 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:22:40 -0600
"Grant Likely" <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:

> On 10/14/07, Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen at atmel.com> wrote:
> > Ok, since it's obviously best if the patches are sent to this list
> > in the first place, I've added a note to

> > I'll try to catch the ones that aren't and pass them on before
> > merging.
>
> Can you drop the AVR32 u-boot mailing list entirely and direct posters
> here?  It's not like the u-boot list is high volume and it would be
> better to discuss even arch specific changes in the common forum.

Yeah, that's a good point. When we created the kernel list at
avr32linux.org we sort of figured it might be a good idea to create one
for u-boot as well. Perhaps that was a bad move.

However, I'm a bit afraid of losing some of the potential testers that
are subscribed to that list. Contributors should probably subscribe to
u-boot-users to get a better feeling of the whole picture, but I
suspect that some people aren't all that interested in everything that
happens on the main mailing list, while they might very well be
interested in testing specific bugfixes or improvements targeted
towards avr32 boards.

I think the avr32linux.org list is also a good place to announce
releases and pre-releases of our "vendor" loaders. Those are probably
only interesting to people using avr32.

So I think I want to keep the list for now, as a very-low-volume
avr32-specific thing. The volume on u-boot-users seems to be picking
up; that's a good thing, but it may also drive some users away.

Håvard