[U-Boot-Users] U-boot 1.2.0 JFFS2, and NAND flash

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Mon Oct 15 16:15:47 CEST 2007

Thank you both for your reply.

In my reading of the code [shudder] I pretty much came to the same
conclusion: make the partition smaller.

Unfortunately for me, it's already as small as it can be.  Because of
the way that the field software updates occur, we need this space to be
about 8MB.  The image is currently a little under 3MB, but is going to
grow as we add to it, and we need to keep two copies in the flash bank
at one time during one point in the process.  I suppose I could revisit
the process, and make it require 4MB, which would (hopefully) halve the
time I need.

I'll also check into the patch.

Thanks, both,

Regards,