[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Device Tree

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Oct 16 15:32:58 CEST 2007

reckless wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the u-boot-1.2 on powerpc. I am using separate device tree
> compiled by DTC.
> Is there any way to embed the device tree in uboot i.e auto generate the
> device tree?
> What is libftd? i didnt get any links or details about that? I search the
> CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT macro in the u-boot source and i didn't find it any where?
>
> Do anyone have any idea?
>
> Regards
> Manish Sharma

Hi Manish,

You need to upgrade to the latest u-boot, LIBFDT is a relatively recent
addition.  The "tip of the tree" in git (and soon to be released 1.3)
has libfdt support, 1.2 does not.  The support is expected to improve
over the next couple of months, but what we have is functional.

See also:
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo>
and lots of recent email exchanges on the list...

Best regards,
gvb