[U-Boot-Users] Removal of nonexistent R5200 board

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:09:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

A while back I submitted patches for a board named R5200.  This was a
proprietary board done for a client.  I'd read that u-boot still
welcomes patches for boards that aren't available to the general
public, and that's why I submitted it.  But my question is a slight
variation of that.

The R5200 never went into production.  It was redone with a different
architecture, and so the board in u-boot won't used with any real
hardware.  Is it worth leaving the the code in u-boot as a reference
for other people bringing up M5271 hardware, or should I submit a
patch to remove it?

My main worry is that becuase there won't be real hardware to test it
on, the code will rot more and more as other parts of u-boot change.
At some point it will stop even being useful as a reference.  But I'd
like to hear other opinions.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>