[U-Boot-Users] Malloc hangs on 82xx boards

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Wed Oct 24 15:41:19 CEST 2007

Hi.

the relocation fixup patches (by Grant Likely and others) messes up
malloc on at least 8260 boards.
What seems to be happening is that the malloc end address does not get
set anymore, and is therefore 0, and malloc start and lengths then end
up being negative and ends up in the middle of the IMMR somewhere.

Net effect is that no 826x board I have tried so fat (8260ADS, 8266ADS
and an internal board) will boot using u-boot 1.3.0-rc3.

I can get it to work by
1) Commenting out "#define CONFIG_RELOC_FIXUP_WORKS" on line 90 in
include common.h
or
2) Backing out commits f82b3b6304b620ef7e28bfaa1ea887a2ad2fa325 and
e9514751cfa5cce61ea699fa0d3eb37898a5eeb5.

2) basically reverts to setting malloc end address from a #define again.

I need help to figure out how to fix this, and this most likely affects
ALL 82xx boards (at least).