[U-Boot-Users] CFI compliant memory question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 26 02:04:58 CEST 2007

In message <102520071936.23185.4720F051000941A300005A912206824693010C0C0E9CA1089F0A9C0106 at comcast.net> you wrote:
> I am working with a board that has 2 CFI-compliant Spansion S29JL064H flash
> memory devices.  Each device is 64 Megabit (8 M x 8-bit  / 4M x 16-bit) in size.
>
> The two flash memory devices are connected in "parallel", effectively doubling
> the word size while maintaining the total number of sectors, i.e.,
> Should I expect u-boot's common CFI driver work with this configuration?

Yes, of course.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The universe contains any amount of horrible ways  to  be  woken  up,
such as the noise of the mob breaking down the front door, the scream
of fire engines, or the realization that today is the Monday which on
Friday night was a comfortably long way off.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_