[U-Boot-Users] Bug in malloc()?

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Fri Oct 26 16:20:43 CEST 2007

> From: Jerry Van Baren
>
> Timur Tabi wrote:
> > I'm trying to get the very latest U-Boot running on an MPC8323E MDS,
and U-Boot
> > hangs in the code to initialize the environment. Specifically,
env_relocate()
> > calls malloc(), but malloc() never returns.
>
> Sounds a lot like what Rune Torgersen was finding with the
> mpc8260 family.

It is excactly what I ran into also.
Im my case it turns out that the new relocation code fixups does not
work.
I could get malloc to work , but then afterwards, none of the command
line commands would work as they were not properly relocated either.

I had to disable CONFIG_RELOC_FIXUP_WORKS in include/common.h for my CPU
to get it to work.