[U-Boot-Users] u-boot cp command for at91rm9200

Paul Thomas pthomas8589 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:50:19 CEST 2007

I can't seem to get the CP command to work at all. I want to test it by
doing a simple SDRAM copy. I know the SDRAM works and I know where it is
because I can use tftp to load a kernel image, and then boot the kernel from
RAM. I am using the linuxstamp <http://opencircuits.com/Linuxstamp> which is
based on atmel's at91rm9200. The main version I have been using is a patched
version of 1.1.6. I have also tried 1.3.0-rc3. Both versions have the same
result. If I do
> tftpboot 20100000 uImage
This works. If I do
> md 20000000
or
> md 20001000
It works, but if I do
> cp 20000000 20001000 256
I get the error
"Copy to Flash... General Flash Programming Error"
Why does it think this is a flash operation? I am using RAM addresses. If I
do
> protect off all
It doesn't change anything

I feel like I don't understand something important about how CP works.
Please help.

thanks,
Paul