[U-Boot-Users] MTD update?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Oct 31 08:17:42 CET 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007, William Juul wrote:
> > I'll be glad to review the code (if time permits) and test it on some of
> > my platforms (PPC based).
> >
> > I think this is a necessary move. A lot changed in the Linux MTD code,
> > since it was last ported from Linux to U-Boot. So I really appreciate
> > your effort here.

>  - I have now rebased the patch to u-boot 1.3.0-rc3
>  - I regard code clean-up to be done
>  - MAKEALL ppc/arm still has some issues:
> * DOC/OneNand/nand_spl is not building ( I have not tried porting this
> part, and since I do not have any HW and I am not familiar with this
> code/HW I think its best someone else is porting this code.)
>
> Except for the issues mentioned above, I have ported all drivers
> necessary to run MAKEALL ppc/arm without errors and warnings. Many
> drivers were trivial to port, but some were not so trivial. The
> following drivers must be examined carefully and maybe rewritten to
> some degree:
>   cpu/ppc4xx/ndfc.c
>   cpu/arm926ejs/davinci/nand.c
>   board/delta/nand.c
>   board/zylonite/nand.c
>
> Below is an overview of which files have been patched and how big the
> diffs are for each file (in bytes).
> What should I do with the large patches? And should I send one patch
> for each file for the small ones?

Best would be if you could provide a link to a git repository, so that we can
review and perhaps pull this stuff from there. Is this possible?

Otherwise, please try to combine patches into logical chunks. And for pieces
that are too big for the list (40k), please provide a URL (link) pointing to
your patch instead.

Please see:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Patches

Thanks.