[U-Boot-Users] ARM cleanup - was: [GIT PULL] [ARM] Please pull fromgit://denx.de/git/u-boot-arm.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 4 11:42:30 CEST 2007

Dear Ulf,

in message <1188890757.4333.2.camel at aeglos.sweden.atmel.com> you wrote:

> This is definitely not the code which causes the board to reset.
> It is the code start up the MCU.

You are right. I got confues by the name of this function -  for  me,
it  seems obvious that a function with the name "reset" contains code
that implements (parts of) the command "reset" which you can call  on
the  command  line.  My  confusion  was supported by the comment that
reads "the actual reset code".

May I ask to change the name of this function, as it does not perform
a "reset", but some initialization after the processor started  (from
a reset or power-on condition)?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not  only  marching  in
that procession but carrying a banner.                   - Mark Twain