[U-Boot-Users] uImage starting problem on Virtex-4 (PPC405)

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Tue Sep 4 14:50:40 CEST 2007

Hi Grant,

As regards the board info I have verified that board info structure is the
same in kernel 2.6.21 and kernel2.4:

typedef struct board_info {
        unsigned int bi_memsize;        /* DRAM installed, in bytes */
        unsigned char bi_enetaddr[6];   /* Local Ethernet MAC address */
        unsigned int bi_intfreq;        /* Processor speed, in Hz */
        unsigned int bi_busfreq;        /* Bus speed, in Hz */
        unsigned int bi_pci_busfreq;    /* PCI Bus speed, in Hz */
} bd_t;

The location of that structure is only different. In the kernel 2.6.21 is
located in :
./arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/virtex.h
and in the kernel 2.4:
./arch/ppc/platforms/xilinx_ml*.h

Could you please confirm if the board info you mentioned in your last post
is the structure listed above or something else? I am just trying to sort
out the problem with booting my kernel from u-boot and still no success.

Best Regards

Mirek