[U-Boot-Users] Multicast TFTP problems

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Wed Sep 5 19:06:23 CEST 2007

Ben Warren wrote:
> The size of 1468 works fine for me on an MPC8349EMDS board. I captured
> the transfer using Wireshark (Ethereal) and the numbers match exactly as
> I've shown above.
> Here are the first few transfers.

[...]
> The only thing I can think of is that something on your network is
> limiting the MTU size to less than 1500 bytes. Are you using VLANs or
> PPPoE? Maybe your server has its MTU limited to 1486?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help. It turned there was a bug in the MPC5121 FEC
driver which occured only upon some bigger frames, so it wasn't anything
MTU-related or the TFTP code. Strangely enough, the frame size offset it
would or not corrupt coincided with the 46 bytes that are overhead for
the TFTP...

kind regards,
Rafal