[U-Boot-Users] MIPS port

max y max8y at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 16:32:39 CEST 2007

I am confused by all these MIPS families. I went to MIPS web site. 24K is part of 32 core. What do you eman MIPS32 compilant exactly?
Max
Andrew Dyer <amdyer at gmail.com> wrote:  > I am going to use u-boot for MIPS 24k. Any one know which current port I
> can start with as reference.

you'll probably be a bit on your own. I don't think any of the
current mips ports are really close to a 24K. Watch the cache
handling/locking code in particular, as it is not very generic. We
use Au1550 which is MIPS32 compliant, so the db1550 port might be a
place to start.

One other common gotcha is u-boot requires the toolchain to use the
denx naming conventions - somewhere in the scripts and makefiles (I
forget the file) they use the name of the toolchain to check for
endianness, so mips_4KCel-gcc would work right, but mipsel-linux-gcc
would fail with an error that is not very clear :-(.

--
Hardware, n.:
The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.