[U-Boot-Users] fdt command: can't set a value-less property

Bartlomiej Sieka tur at semihalf.com
Thu Sep 6 17:15:17 CEST 2007

Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> Bartlomiej Sieka wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm playing with the fdt command in recent (60174746) U-Boot and I can't
>> set a property that does not have a value.
[...]
>> Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
[...]>
> That looks like a bug.  The cmd_fdt.c parser looks like it is insisting
> on a value (looking for three parameters to the "fdt set" subcommand).
>
> I have not looked at the code to confirm the above hypothesis yet...
>
> Best regards,
> gvb

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I've got a few comments after playing with fdt commands a little bit
more. They concern the help message of "fdt move", which says:

And the comments are:
- <fdt> -> <addr> (to be in sync with "fdt addr" description)
- <length> -> [<length>]
- Copy the fdt to <addr> -> Copy the fdt to <newaddr>
- to me, it's not clear from the description that this command will make
the blob at the new location the "active" one.

Does the above make sense? If yes, it might be a good idea to update the
help message while working on the "fdt set" issue.

Regards,
Bartlomiej