[U-Boot-Users] MIPS port

max y max8y at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 20:16:21 CEST 2007

In fact, that's what confused me. There about 9 families (74k , 24k etc) under 32 core. Each one has its own manual and programming guide. It would be nice there, there is one can summerize the difference in programming perpective.

  Which one is the volume you refer to?

  Max

Andrew Dyer <amdyer at gmail.com> wrote:
  the 24K is a specific implementation of MIPS32 architecture.

There are a few different main architectures (MIPS I, II, III, IV,
MIPS32, and MIPS64),
and some extensions (sort of like SSE in the x86 world).

If you go on the MIPS website, you will find a 3 volume reference
manual telling you all about MIPS32 from a programming perspective.
You should get this.

--
Hardware, n.:
The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.