[U-Boot-Users] minimum bdi config to read flash on 85xx

Luiz Neto luiz.limaneto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:41:20 CEST 2007

Hi David/Ben/Clemens,

First of all, thanks for helping us!!! You are amazing guys!

Yes, we want to boot from flash. But firstly, we want to validate our
hardware :)

So, let me see if I understood you synchronizing some points:

1- In order to validate my flash circuitry, I don't need LA pins. I'm able
to validate it using just simple FCI commands. Am I right?

I'm not familiar with these command. Probably Robert knows it. But he is out
of the office until tuesday. Can you please give some examples?

2- LA pins are necessary just in case I want to boot from flash. Is it?

3- Our flash is a S29GL01GP MirrorBit. I'm send you our flash schematic and
datasheet. There you can see that WP# is tied high, BYTE# is tied high,
RESET# is high (a FPGA controls this pin) and that there is no address pin
floating.

Thanks in advance!
Luiz