[U-Boot-Users] minimum bdi config to read flash on 85xx

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:19:43 CEST 2007

On 9/12/07, David Hawkins <dwh at ovro.caltech.edu> wrote:

> > Should we tell him how much simpler flash configuration is than SDRAM?
>
> Again, I was trying to be kind ;)

OK guys I have a sense of humour and you all have indeed been very
kind in your help. Everyone was a newbie at one point of course. David
has already identified a hardware problem for us in which we are quite
grateful. I've been reading almost every patch and email on this list
for several months trying to understand it all. All I can do in return
is say thanks and supply patches once we finally get our board up.
That and help those like myself someday - which I do often on the
topics I know something about.

In the meantime we'll be spending quality with our manuals. We have OE
and CE toggling on our erase, mm, and prog commands but we cannot read
the values we write with mm. We cannot read the manufactorer id on
oxfc000000. Beyond that the magic numbers are for the first and second
unlock cycles and for autoselect, we cannot understand why bdi configs
use 0x0600 and 0x00d0 for their magic numbers - which are not the same
magic numbers in the manuals best as we can tell. We tried writing the
same magic numbers in the manuals directly via the bdi to seemingly no
effect.

That all being said, our knowledge is slowly getting there - and it
would have exponentially slower without the help so far.

Cheers,
Robert