[U-Boot-Users] minimum bdi config to read flash on 85xx

Scott Mann sunix13 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 23:04:59 CEST 2007

--- Jerry Van Baren
<gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com> wrote:

> robert lazarski wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > OK guys, its working!!!! YEAH!!!! Last problem
> turned out to be an
> > open resistor / bad solder joint on the address
> bus! We can now erase
> > the flash chip entirely. I also did the prog
> command to upload
> > uboot.bin and can see the uboot version at the
> base address - so this
> > stage is now completed!!!! Thanks so much for all
> the help guys, I
> > doubt we would have gotten so far without this
> community and we are
> > most grateful! I feel so much smarter now ;-) .
>
> As do we all. ;-)
>
> > Last question before I get into my code finally -
> and I'll start a new
> > thread when I start debugging: The bdi docs in the
> uboot manual seem
> > to stop at the 'go' command. When I type 'info' I
> get a running state.

Just a couple hints that may be useful for your next
steps...

If you didn't already know, you can type halt in the
BDI console when you are in a running state and get
whatever is running (e.g., U-Boot) suspended. This
is handy when you are looking
at lots of debug output in the U-Boot console (you'll
get there ;-)

Also, you can attach gdb through the BDI if you don't
have an extra serial port (you can set up kgdb through
U-Boot via a second serial interface). This has been
real handy for me.

Glad to see you've gotten this far! Continued good
luck.

   -Scott

<snip>