[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Tue Sep 18 12:39:42 CEST 2007

Dear Timo,

tike64 <tike64 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm trying to set usb host up on our board (LH7A400 + ISP1160). It
> already works to some extend; it detects my Kingston 1GB stick. But
> then it (usb reset) fails with "Request Sense returned 00 00
> 00". Funny

Does your stick work correctly before resetting it? Can you read a file
into memory and verify it was loaded correctly?

> thing is that it starts to work if I enable debugging messages in
> usb_storage.c and isp116x-hcd.c. If I enable them in usb_storage.c
> only, it doesn't work. Here is the debug message log with debugging
> enabled in usb_storage.c only till the first difference I can see:

U-Boots USB implementation is known to have some timing issues which
havn't been fixed yet. You'll have to experiment to find out whats
causing your problems. Have you tried defining
ISP116X_HCD_USE_EXTRA_DELAY?

Did you miss to add some board specific initalization?

Best regards

Markus Klotzbuecher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de