[U-Boot-Users] Setting entry point in u-boot standalone apps

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 18 21:07:22 CEST 2007

In message <46EF92C1.5050309 at swampie.org.uk> you wrote:

> Unfortunately, the examples don't use linker scripts, and I don't want
> to start messing with these as it interacts with u-boot to some extent

You canhave only one or the other...

> (certainly built within u-boot's makefile), and it's all working as it
> is.  From what I understand though, the -e option should be sufficient.

-e is sufficient to specify the entry point, but it is not sufficient
to force the linker to place specific objects at  specific  locations
in your image. For that you need alinker script.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid"  -  the  artificial  person,
from _Aliens_