[U-Boot-Users] How is av_[] referenced after relocation?

Chen Xi xichen at sun.com
Wed Sep 19 11:12:37 CEST 2007

Hi u-boot buddies,
     I'm working on booting my little toy board based on mpc8248 with u-boot. When debugging the startup code, I found that u-boot-1.1.6/common/dlmalloc.c::av_[] is relocated during calling to relocate_code. The question is, how can the code after the relocation, says malloc_bin_reloc, reference av_[]?
     I suppose that av_[] is "static" and the symbol will be stripped when u-boot.bin is generated.

Thanks a lot.