[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] u-boot migration to kconfig

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Sun Sep 23 23:53:38 CEST 2007

Le 23/09/07 23:37, « Wolfgang Denk » <wd at denx.de> a écrit :

> In message <C31C78A0.3BD3%plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> you wrote:
>>
>>     2) About the re-organization
>>        I'd like to create a tree like following
>>     arch/arm/
>>     arch/arm/board <- the boards
>
> What's wrong with board/ ?

The idea is to organize the board by cpu's arch like it's done in the kernel
tree.
Actually all boards are stored directly in "board" and the lib-'arch' in the
"srctree", to simplify the splitting in the kconfig menu.
And although regroup the common arch's code.

>>     arch/arm/boot <- where will be store the u-boot & u-boot.bin
>
> I don't see a use for this. What's wroing with having these  files  in
> the top level directory?

The problem is when you work on multiple architecture & board.
But it's most cosmetic.

>>     arch/arm/config/ <- defconfig
>
> Please don't. Please add the default  config  files  into  the  board
> directory. That's IMHO where they logically belong.

It's not in the board directory, it's in the arch directory.

As example when you specify your architecture by ARCH=arm
And do a make help only the sh default configuration can be accessible and
show.