[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] u-boot migration to kconfig

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Sep 24 07:12:14 CEST 2007

On 9/23/07, Shinya Kuribayashi <skuribay at ruby.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > It would be more useful to collect all boards
> > using one specific chip in a single directory.
> > arch/arm/<chip>/board.
>
> This is too tight, isn't it?
> Strictly speaking, boards are not related to chips (at least for me).
> So I'll vote +1 for Jean's.

Just to throw a wrench in the works, what about boards like the Xilinx
ML403 which can be *either* PowerPC or MicroBlaze.  :-)

I still think sticking with the existing board/ directory (but perhaps
organizing it better) makes the most sense.  Each board directory can
pull in whatever cpu/soc support it needs.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.