[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] u-boot migration to kconfig

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 24 11:40:11 CEST 2007

In message <1190585597.7015.28.camel at elrond.atmel.sweden> you wrote:

> > What's wrong with board/ ?
>
> You get a *lot* of boards in board/
> Good for computers, not for humans.

Depends on what you are doing. A "grep -r foo board" can be good for
humans, too, as it save me a lot of time and thinking where the hell
all the board files may be scattered around.

> > I don't see a use for this. What's wroing with having these  files  in
> > the top level directory?
>
> If you could build several boards in one tree, then
> it makes sense to have it in a subdirectory,
> but for once I agree with Wolfgang :-)

You can build several boards in one source tree by simply using the
"make O=..." option.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.