[U-Boot-Users] FPGA loading question

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:10:29 CEST 2007

On 9/27/07, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Thursday 27 September 2007, Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> > What kind of CPU are you using? Please note that 4xx U-Boot ports have
> > the cache disabled. Without cache booting a Spartan 3E in SS-mode
> > may take very very :-(
>
> Only 44x have cache disabled. 40x has icache enabled.
>
> BTW: I'm still waiting for the patch to enable the cache on 44x systems... ;)
>
> Viele Grüße,
> Stefan

I'm using an NXP ARM9 'A404 and can disable cache on my platform.  Due
to my hardware fool-up, I'll have to use a bit banging method.
I'm also concern about loading error and recovery and I'm considering
instead to do the programming in the kernel. If there is a problem for
some reason and the FPGA needs to be reloaded, I'll have to do it in
the kernel anyway.
I'm  not sure about embedding a bin file in the kernel driver either
but It's worth pursuing.