[U-Boot-Users] u-boot init problem on ml403 (virtex-4) board

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Fri Sep 28 17:29:54 CEST 2007

Hi Grant,

	I have spent much time trying various things. At he beginning   I
was suspecting the processor initialization. I have compared Linux and u-boot
initialization and all was in place including the errata for Virtex-4.

My second guess was the memory allocation so I have tried to change the
memory regions and their sizes. At the end I have figured out that the
CFG_DCACHE_SIZE was too small.

I have spent much time but I have learned a lot :)

Best Regards

Mirek

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Grant Likely wrote:

> On 9/28/07, Mirek23 <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Finally I have found the problem.
> >
> > It was too small cach definition:
> > CFG_DCACHE_SIZE           8192
> >
> > I set it to:
> > CFG_DCACHE_SIZE         16384
> >
> > and now u-boot works fine.
> >
> > I am able to load by means of u-boot the uImage (also with built-in rootFS).
>
> Congratulations Mirek!  How did you figure that one out?
>
> g.

          Miroslaw Dach (Miroslaw.Dach at psi.ch) - SLS/Controls Group
                PSI - Paul Scherrer Institut CH-5232 Villigen