[U-Boot-Users] Q) Anyone know how to debug u-boot on AT91SMA9263-EK using J-Link from Segger?

Jeff Franks Jeff.Franks at uson.com
Sun Sep 30 21:33:15 CEST 2007

Does anyone have a recipe for debugging u-boot on AT91SAM9263-EK target?

Our proprietary board is very similar, but can't see what goes wrong.
Atmel has a bootstrap that inits SDRAM, and loads u-boot image from
Flash device into SDRAM. It jumps to the proper address in the SDRAM and
dies.

All we have to debug is J-Link from Segger along gdbserver from Segger
which is an application that runs on Windows and talks via Usb to the
J-Link Pod. We can talk to Windows as if it were gdbserver from a Linux
host.

The bootup sequence provided by Atmel looks different from u-boot in
that u-boot does not move itself into SDRAM, this is done by the Atmel
bootstrap.

Don't know how to init SDRAM from J-Link. Has anyone done that?

--jlf