[U-Boot-Users] which config to choose for MPC8347E cpu ?

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:22:59 CEST 2008

Hi Fathi,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Fathi Boudra <fboudra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a custom board with a MPC8347E and U-Boot doesn't have a config for
> this cpu.
> which config is more appropriate to use for my board ? (maybe MPC8349EMDS or
> sbc8349 or tqm834x ?).
>
> any tips ? TIA.

The schematic for the MPC8349EMDS is available on Freescale's web
site, and I believe TQS makes their schematics available too.  I don't
know about the SBC one (Wind River, maybe?).  Ultimately, compare
schematics to your board and choose the one that's most similar as a
starting point.  IIRC 8347 is a subset of 8349 (one less PCI bus or
something like that) so the 8349 configs should be fine.

regards,
Ben