[U-Boot-Users] New Image format: headers hashes.

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini at idf-hit.com
Thu Apr 3 14:55:57 CEST 2008

Hi Bartlomej,

On gio, 2008-04-03 at 13:48 +0200, Bartlomiej Sieka wrote:

> > Before to make this test, you should strip the elf-file in order to omit
> > the non-used code. Alternatively you should check the size of the
> > u-boot.bin file (that is striped by definition).
>
> "objcopy -O binary" which is used to create u-boot.bin from u-boot
> doesn't remove unused functions -- code for fit_image_set_hashes (and
> other functions removed from under #ifdef USE_HOSTCC by the patch) is
> present in u-boot.bin.

I'm sorry, I believed (wrongly) that linker was sufficiently intelligent
to discard the unused symbols and reallocate the rest.
Do you know tools (or ld options) that allow to discard unused
symbols/functions?

Thanks a lot. today I learned something new.

luigi

--
     ______       Luigi Mantellini
   .'______'.     R&D - Software