[U-Boot-Users] AT91SAM9260EK with KS8721 PHY

Eric BENARD ebenard at free.fr
Mon Apr 7 22:55:16 CEST 2008

Stelian Pop a écrit :
> Hmm, if I sed:
> 	s/KS8721/DM9161/g
> and
> 	s/ks8721/dm9161/g
>
> on your files I find almost no change with regard to the original
> version, except:
>
> #define PHY_ADDRESS (1<<5)
>
> and a #if 0 commenting out a bit of the initialisation sequence...

yes, goal was to make a clean driver starting from dm9161 with
PHY_ADDRESS in the config file ... but I didn't had time to progress on
it :-(
Isolate problem can happen depending on the pullup/down configuration I
think (I didn't check in tthe datasheet, but I once met the problem).

> This makes me think it may only be a PHY_ADDRESS issue: what happens if
> you change in cpu/arm926ejs/at91sam9/ether.c :
>
> macb_eth_initialize(0, (void *)AT91_BASE_EMAC, 0x00);

> macb_eth_initialize(0, (void *)AT91_BASE_EMAC, 1<<5);

It's not running on a 9260 so I can't test but it should work (and this
may be the problem Sander have).

Eric