[U-Boot-Users] Linux kernel startup (s3c24xx)

Tiju tj_jac at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 9 09:10:19 CEST 2008

Hi Herald,

>> We changed the memory clock to a lower frequency(90MHz to 67MHz) and
>> the the "Bad Data CRC" error has gone. Thanks alot.
>ok, this most likely means that you have some problems with your
>hardware design, probably exceeding the maximum permitted capacitive bus
>load.
>well, how do you copy the image into ram?  It doesn't really matter from
>where the image is copied.  What matters is that apparently the source
>of the copy is not equal to the destination of the copy.  Even if you
>copy 'directly' via JTAG there is a source and a destination.   and the
>destination will suffer through corruption if SDRAM timing or bus clock
>are wrong.

The settings for the UPLLCON and MPLLCON were being done for 16MHz external clock. Now we have changed that and made the settings for 12MHz clock(our board clock). Now, core is running at 271.5MHz, and the rest at 1:8:16 (FCLK:HCLK:PCLK).

Now we have managed to get the output as follows:

U-Boot 1.3.2 (Apr  9 2008 - 09:45:21)

DRAM:  1
Flash: 32 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  3

U-Boot 1.3.2 (Apr  9 2008 - 09:45:21)

DRAM:  128 MB
Flash: 32 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting image at 33000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux kernel
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1167125 Bytes =  1.1 MB
   Load Address: 30008000
   Entry Point:  30008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

................ done, booting the kernel.

and then it hangs. We are writing the kernel image directly to the ram to 33000000 via JTAG.
How do I proceed from here?

Thanks alot for your previous mails. It is helping us alot in debugging the hardware and softwares.

Thank You,
Tiju

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/