[U-Boot-Users] Linker scripts, SEARCH_DIR and host directories

Richard Danter radanter at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 10 21:34:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Using a new toolchain I am seeing the following warnings at the final
link stage of U-Boot:

warning: library search path "/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
warning: library search path "/usr/local/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation

Looking further I can see in the u-boot.lds scripts that SEARCH_DIR is
specifying each of these directories. I am unsure why a cross-compiled
bootloader would specify that the linker should look in the hosts
directories for libraries.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks
Rich