[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?

cheesiong bluecolour.sz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 04:42:50 CEST 2008

hi all,
 i read the Readme in the top directory of U-boot 1.3.2. i hope this subject
is appropriate.
 i have a question on the makefile, i want to know where is the $obj define,
but it seem it define implicitly when use it.

 sample:
VERSION = 1
PATCHLEVEL = 3
SUBLEVEL = 2
EXTRAVERSION =
U_BOOT_VERSION = $(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)
VERSION_FILE = $(obj)include/version_autogenerated.h

so my question is, where is the version_autogenerated.h file? because i
couldn;t find it, so i am not sure what is the purpose of this line.
please enlighten me on the usage of the the $obj if possible.
i am new to u-boot, thank you.

regards,-keo