[U-Boot-Users] How to configure the MPC8313ERDB to support 2x128MB DDR

Frank Prepelica Frank.Prepelica at ubidyne.com
Tue Apr 15 10:34:40 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm using a customized MPC8313ERDB board, which means we replaced the
Vitesse switch with a second

Marvell PHY and we are using 64MB of NOR flash instead of 8MB.

Furthermore we added a second DDR RAM (additional 128MB) on that board.

I adapted U-Boot (v1.3.1) to support the 64MB flash memory and the
second Marvell PHY. This works really fine.

But I got problems when adding the second 128MB RAM module.

I just thought I change the value of

#define CFG_DDR_SIZE to 256

But after that I see the 128MB of the first RAM module mirrored at
address 0x0800 0000.

Therefore I guess there's more configuration necessary, of course there
is.

I don't know where to set the DDRLAWBAR1 to base address 0x0800 0000
because I can't even see

DDRLAWBAR0 for the first 128MB RAM module. I found nothing in the
MPC8313ERDB.h

Could anyone please tell me which defines I have to change or I have to
add. Are there further changes necessary in the

board specific file sdram.c?

Thanks for any hint!

Best regards,

Frank Prepelica
Software Design Engineer

Ubidyne GmbH
Lise-Meitner-Str.-14
89081 Ulm - Germany

Phone:             +49 731 88 00 71 58

Fax:                 +49 731 88 00 71 99
Email:              frank.prepelica at ubidyne.com
Homepage:       www.ubidyne.com <http://www.ubidyne.com>