[U-Boot-Users] drivers MMCplus for at91sam9x

Andy Fleming afleming at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:25:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Pierre Savary <pierre.savary at kerlink.fr> wrote:
> Then my MMC 4GB works with my Linux kernel but if I can't load my kernel
>  (located on the first part of this MMC) ... it's not really interesting :(
>
>  So, somebody does already use MMC v4 with U-boot???

I've got one that works.  However, I don't have a 4GB MMC card with
v4.  I thought I did, but it turned out the card just takes advantage
of the fact that older versions can address 4GB, even though the spec
says 2GB is the max.

However, I'm fairly confident in the code (it's been tested in
simulated environments, and reflects what the Linux code does).  I'm
currently working on bringing it forward to the top of tree (I started
it before drivers/ got rearranged).  I'm actually hoping to generalize
it some so we can share it between all MMC/SD users.

Andy