[U-Boot-Users] drivers MMCplus for at91sam9x

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Thu Apr 17 01:30:36 CEST 2008

Congratulations!  It will be great to have MMC v4.x support in U-Boot.

The following segment of code from
linux-2.6.25-rc9/drivers/mmc/host/at91_mci.c is confusing:

if (host->board->wire4) {
        if (cpu_is_at91sam9260() || cpu_is_at91sam9263())
                mmc->caps |= MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA;
        else
                dev_warn(&pdev->dev, "4 wire bus mode not supported"
                        " - using 1 wire\n");
}

This code seems to imply that MMC 4 bits works on the AT91SAM9260 and
AT91SAM9263, but not any of the others in this processor family,
possibly due to a hardware bug.  Any comments on why the Linux AT91 MCI
driver doesn't support an 4 bit MMC bus for all AT91SAM9 processors?

I mention this because it may impact the AT91 MCI U-Boot device driver.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs