[U-Boot-Users] questions about stand alone application - flash a LED

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Apr 17 17:03:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> You can use the go CMD to test your app.
>> Here post my used step.
>>
>> Write a simple code.It's just include a function definition
>> 	void _start()
>>     {
>>     }
>> Then compile it.After do that use following step:
>> ppc_82xx-ld -Bstatic -Ttext 0x00001000 board/bname/ttt.o -o ttt.elf

It just occured to me that you are overwriting the InstructionTLBMiss
exception vector here.  Are you sure you want to do this?

This is one of the reasons why in examples/Makefile always 0x40000 is
chosen for the standalone apps:

ifeq ($(ARCH),ppc)
LOAD_ADDR = 0x40000
endif

Cheers
  Detlev

--
A stated design goal of Motif was to give the X Window System the
window management capabilities of HP's circa-1988 window manager and