[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] recommendations for a proprietary POST testcase

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Thu Apr 17 23:21:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am looking at issues in moving from a proprietary diagnostics on a
platform we have, to a solution using U-Boot's POST infrastructure.

I am sure many of us here have faced the condition where certain
peripherals may not become open source due to legal restrictions. In the
case of POST support, the API set is not exported for a U-Boot
standalone application to use. Writing a POST code linked within U-Boot
for a proprietary device may have implications of being completely
linked with U-Boot and subject to GPL-v2 distribution requirements.

I wonder if anyone can share their experiences to what folks have done
in such cases.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon