[U-Boot-Users] ubi and u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 21 00:22:37 CEST 2008

In message <4808DF3B.2080702 at largestprime.net> you wrote:

> Wolfgang showed some interest briefly too.[1]

I am definitely interested.

>  > The UBI (version 1 :-) initial scan is not
> > fast for large flash, and if the bootloader does it too, that's twice
> > as much time to boot.

We have the same (at at least similar) problems when using JFFS2 file
systems in U-Boot. Yet, being able to do this is quite useful in many
situations.

> > However, if there was a protocol for bootloader to pass the scan
> > results to the booted kernel, that would be very nice.

That would be of course a good thing to have :-)

> If there's no compelling reasons not to, I'll try and find some time to
> work on ubi in uboot. I'm not expecting it to be easy though :)

Thanks in advance, and good luck!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things  in  common:
they explain the observed facts, and they are completeley and utterly
wrong.                       - Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_