[U-Boot-Users] mpc8313 nand setup

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Apr 22 17:46:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:36:02PM -0600, Daniel wrote:
> I am working on a MPC8313ERDB REVA4 board and need to work with a nand
> device using u-boot.  I am using u-boot version 1.3.2 and under the
> driver/mtd/nand directory there is a file called nand.c.  In this file it
> makes a call to a function called board_nand_init().  From what I can tell
> this function is suppose to be located another nand.c file located in
> board/freescale/mpc8313erdb but it seems to be missing.  I found this
> missing file on the website
> www.bitshrine.org/gpp/u-boot-1.1.6-mpc8313erdb-board.patch.  But I haven't
> been able to get the source code (nand.c) to compile it (unless I comment
> out all errors of course).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There were patches posted to this list a few weeks ago:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=20080324175302.GA1280%40ld0162-tx32.am.freescale.net
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=20080324175304.GB1280%40ld0162-tx32.am.freescale.net

I'm not sure if there's any way to get an unmangled e-mail from
sourceforge's archives, though.

-Scott