[U-Boot-Users] Running Linux from ARCH=powerpc on Sequoia board

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Apr 22 21:18:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Larry Johnson <lrj at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Currently, I can build "zImage" for Sequoia using the powerpc
> architecture, and load it using U-Boot without a separate FDT binary.
> Is this the best way to run a Linux from the powerpc tree?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.

There are two way to boot a Linux image from arch/powerpc.

1) build a uImage and get u-boot to pass a device tree blob (if your u-boot
had device tree support)
2) build a cuImage which wraps the device tree in the kernel image.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.