[U-Boot-Users] How to set CPU speed to 266mhz s3c2410?

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Apr 23 09:44:17 CEST 2008

Hi p,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on Tuesday, April 22,
2008 3:10 AM:
> Sorry for the newb question but I've been googling like mad and can't
> find any clues (or more likely, can't understand what I do find).
>
> I'm looking at speed.c under /cpu/arm920t/s3c24xx and thinking this is
> the business end of CPU speed setting. I've been greping the source to

No, in /cpu/arm920t/s3c24x0/speed.c are only functions to read the
clock configuration. The setting of the clocks is done in the
board specific initilaisation code. For the SMDK2410 for example in
/board/smdk2410/smdk2410.c. The MPLL Clock (and thus the derived CPU
clock FCLK) is configured via the PLL divider values MDIV, PDIV and
SDIV. For a detailed description take a look into the S3C2410 datasheet
(search for the MPLL register in the chapter Clock & Power Management).

Regards,
Martin Krause

--
TQ-Systems GmbH
Muehlstrasse 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld