[U-Boot-Users] AMCC PPC440EPx/sequoia stability question...

Mike Nuss mike at terascala.com
Wed Apr 23 16:10:53 CEST 2008

Stefan wrote:

> > At this point all possibilities are on the table and I'm
> looking for any
> > input from anyone with experience (good, bad, or whatever) with this
> > processor and/or designs similar to the Sequoia.
>
> If you scan the U-Boot mailing list for 440EPx/Denali DDR2
> problems, you will
> most likely find some references.

I definitely recommend using the latest U-Boot with the SPD-based Denali
code, if you're using DIMM modules.

A smoking gun for us was the timing of the address clocking. Look at the
lines on a scope; you may find that the clock is hitting too soon (before
the address is stable). (If so, you'll need to delay the clock on your
board.)

Hope this helps,
Mike