[U-Boot-Users] Running Linux from ARCH=powerpc on Sequoia board

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Apr 24 04:20:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Larry Johnson <lrj at acm.org> wrote:
>  Thanks Stefan, Grant, and Wolfgang for your comments.  Method 2 is
>  working for me, as it turns out that files "cuImage.sequoia and "zImage"
>  are identical.

That is because zImage is simply linked to the first target in the
image-y list (every target added to image-y is built when you do 'make
zImage')

>  fdt_chosen: FDT_ERR_NOSPACE
>  ERROR: /chosen node create failed - must RESET the board to recover.
>
>  U-Boot 1.3.2-00497-g58c5376 (Apr 23 2008 - 16:24:13)
>  [...]
>  </listing>
>
>  The file "sequoia.dtb was created by
>  $dtc dts/sequoia.dts -O dtb -o sequoia.dtb
>
>  Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

You're hitting a limitation of current u-boot.  It doesn't know how to
allocate more space in a device tree blob.  Try passing "-S 8192 -R
16" to dtc.

Cheers,
g.

--