[U-Boot-Users] Kernel hanging after lmb_end_of_DRAM() function

Nethra nethra_gmit at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 24 13:04:09 CEST 2008

U can refer to patch for ep8248 support here
                   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=15772

best wishes,
Nethra

>Hi geeks,
>i am trying to bring up the latest kernel on EP8248 target,
>i am using U-boot-1.3.2 and linux-2.6.25-rc8, i started debugging using
BDI2000 which helped me to >know atleast what is going wrong, i have added
some printk's in the kernel source but still i am not able >to find where
and what exactly is going wrong, The first statement it is printing in the
log buffer is
>""Using Embedded Planet EP8248E machine description"" and thats it the next
message is
>Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0xbfff0000
Faulting instruction >address:0xc0012070 (This nearest address to this
address in System.map file is cacheable_memzero)
>and tracing like this i came to know that in the file
arch/powerpc/mm/ppc_mmu_32.c , here in the >function __init MMU_init_hw()
and in the line n_hpteg = total_memory / (PAGE_SIZE * 8); >probably it is
getting problem because when i tried to print the variable total_memory it
is printing >zero !!! :( :(  so probably i am thinking it is not able to
find some memory for Hash table :(