[U-Boot-Users] TFTP block size is too high

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:54:06 CEST 2008

Hi Jared,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Jared Holzman
<j.holzman at genesysdesign.com.au> wrote:

>  Does anyone else have problems with the new default tftp block size of 1468
> (set in tftp.c) being too large? I was getting corruption of the d/led
> images until I dropped it down to 1200. I'm afraid I don't have time to
> determine the real maximum size before corruption occurs. Does someone else
> want to look into this?
>
> --

The block size of 1468 assumes that your network can handle an MTU
size of 1500 bytes, which most can by default.  Is there a chance that
somebody's using PPPoE or VPN software or something like that that
would require a reduction of MTU size?

If I were you, the next thing I'd do would be to sniff the
transactions using Wireshark.  It's a fantastic tool that will quickly
help you decide where to focus your efforts.

regards,
Ben