[U-Boot-Users] Question about smc911x driver (16/32 Bit support)

Jens Gehrlein sew_s at tqs.de
Fri Apr 25 13:22:56 CEST 2008

Hi Magnus, Ben,

Magnus Lilja schrieb:
> Hi Ben,
>
>>  >  Well, the i.MX31 Litekit board has a 16-bit LAN9117 and that seems to
>>  >  work with the 32-bit flag set in the config file.
>>  >
>>  That's good news.  I would prefer, though, to break this into two
>>  16-bit accesses so we don't need to wonder what architectures it would
>>  work on.  Would you be able to try something out, since you have
>>  hardware?
>
> If someone publishes a patch I can certainly try it on the hardware.

I already prepared the patch, but currently I can't test it, and I'm not
sure if I did it right. Please be patient.
Meanwhile, I report successful execution of the current driver yesterday
on our HW developer's board with 16 bit port size. The i.MX31 splits the
32 bit word (I knew that from PowerPC, but wasn't sure of ARM).

Regards,
Jens