[U-Boot-Users] bootargs for partitioned nand flash

Norman brjerome.1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:48:38 CEST 2008

applera.com> you wrote:

> Also note that a cramfs may fail  to  work  in  case  there  are  bad
> sectors in your NAND device.

Wolfgang, this might be an off topic here.  I have a client requirement to have
a  RFS like cramfs or squashfs on NAND.  If I use the u-boot nand write command
to write the cramfs to a MTD partition.  How does nand write treat a bad block?
 I am thinking that if nand write skip to the next block, then I might be able
to modify nand read...  Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
Norman